Believing & Achieving Together to be the Best We Can Be! This is the vision for our school. Deeply rooted in Christian faith and the wisdom of the Bible, we believe that Jesus’ promise of ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10) can be realised at Feniton School through a broad and balanced curriculum which promotes diversity, healthy living, celebrates achievements, nurtures talents and prepares all pupils for living their own life to the full.
We believe that every pupil is unique in the sight of God and that the school should serve its local area by providing an education of the highest quality for all children in the context of Christian belief and relevant to our community. We aim to encourage each person to stretch themselves spiritually, morally, intellectually, emotionally, imaginatively and actively.
We provide weekly opportunities for pupils and parents to gather together in collective acts of Christian worship and we promote our Christian HEART Values through all aspects of the school day, so that all pupils and staff can strive to be the very best they can be (Hope, Empathy, Achievement, Reflection & Trust).
We seek to preserve and develop the school’s Christian ethos in accordance with the principles and practice of the Church of England https://www.churchofengland.org/ . We ask parents to respect our ethos and its importance to the school community. This does not affect the right of all parents to apply and be considered for a place here.
To achieve this we aim:
- to inspire children towards excellence, within the taught curriculum and beyond
- to ensure that the school is a place where children can explore and develop their interests, abilities and personalities
- to provide a variety of situations where children can develop the personal and social skills of independence, curiosity, self- confidence, self-respect, understanding of others and co- operation
- to provide an environment where each child feels secure and special
- to demonstrate Christian values in the way we live, teach and learn
- to provide rich learning experiences where children’s thinking is challenged and where children achieve their best both within and beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum
- to create opportunities for children to experience awe and wonder
- to teach every child to consider the needs of others
- to teach each child to respect the religious, spiritual and moral values of others whilst considering their own attitudes, values and beliefs
- to work in partnership with the local community
- to foster an individual and shared responsibility for our heritage and environment and to encourage a sense of care and stewardship for all forms of life